Monday, November 21, 2011

indah.


Indah Clothing has always been on my clothing "radar". I find myself constantly drawn to their unique pieces, fabrics and dye techniques. I can honestly say that there is no other place where you can find the intricate detailing and gorgeous designs. I am always on the search for clothes that I can relate to, fit my lifestyle and are genuinely one-of-a-kind....Indah is just that! So I am more than excited to be able to collaborate with them and share this amazing Q&A with Indah's head designer and creator Libby who hails from the beautiful Island of Bali. Stay tuned for an outfit post that features one of their lovely holiday dresses that is a must-have for all holiday get-togethers and parties you have planned:)


Origin & Meaning behind the name "Indah"?
The meaning of beauty in the Indonesian language. 

What is the inspiration behind the A/W '11 Collection?
The collection was inspired by street style, by ease and simplicity, for Fall I wanted to make pieces that are nearly uniform, basics from good fabrics in classic color. Holiday was also an exercise in restraint. I made only what I felt you could use, covering bases between chic, sexy and flirtatious. 

Three words that describe the Indah brand?
Free, sincere, lovely. 

The locations where you shoot your collections are amazing! How do you choose where to shoot the pieces?
The shoots are mostly shot on Oahu, Bali and California. These are our homes so the locations are easy!

Your favorite piece & why?
My favorite pieces are Pomella because it just works, LaVie because I want to be out on a night when this is the piece to wear, of course would look great a bit loose layered with the Pomella. I also love Scala for how utilitarian it is! And the Maje dress is a classic! 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...